So it finally seems that Adcenter is turning into the new Adwords! Whether we like it or not, this year most affiliate based campaigns will need to be redesigned and adjusted to meet Adcenter’s new QBR (Quality Based Ranking) system. They are not only slapping campaigns, but whole accounts as well and that is exactly what happened to me. 🙁
Looks like I will have to spend a few days on redesigning all my campaigns, landing pages, and making them a bit more relevant and I advise anyone who is running on Adcenter to do the same right now before they slap your account too. Learn more about ppc management by reading my blog post on the best tips for success in ppc advertising.
Now the funny thing is, Adcenter gives you no way in knowing your QBR unlike Adwords who tell you right in the campaign your Quality score and gives you ways to improve it. Adcenter just slaps your account I guess if they deem you are using to many keywords, irrelevant landing page, or your ads don’t match up.
Here are some tips on what QBR with Adcenter really is:
– Assessing the content of the ad and landing page in relation to the user’s likely intent.
– Assessing the keywords that an advertiser selects in relation to the landing page content. Keywords should be significantly relevant to the landing page and to the user’s query.
– Making sure that there is substantive content on the landing page to fulfill the user’s query.
– Making sure that landing pages directly provide the products or services that are being offered.
– Assessing the extent to which there is duplicate advertising content on the search engine result page (SERP) and potentially limiting this advertising.
Future For Adcenter
Hopefully they start implementing a in house QBR system so us advertisers know when and what to improve on. Slapping accounts out of no where is a bit unfair and makes me a unhappy advertiser. However, I do like the fact that Adcenter does have a QBR system, it will make them a bit harder to scale, but will eliminate more competition which is always a good thing. So in summary, I just wanted to let you guys know what Adcenter is up to, and to hopefully save a few accounts before they get slapped 🙂 Let me know how your accounts have been doing and if you have faced similar issues.